Our goal is to promote effective school governance and leadership. Our model includes training and on-site support for Head Teachers (HTs) and School Management and Development Committees (SMDCs) on leadership, school planning and management. SMDC capacity is developed on mobilising resources for their schools, parental engagement to promote student participation and dropout prevention. Our work with HTs prepares them to lead and manage their schools effectively.
- 50 HTs and SMDCs from KSPI schools trained to develop and track school improvement plans
- 50 KSPI schools leveraged INR 1,08,71,535 since 2013 (1.6% of the schools budget)
- Resource materials for effective school management were developed, accredited by UP Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (UPMSA) and distributed to 1,285 secondary schools
- Sugam Programme supported UPMSA to strengthen school governance in 1,285 secondary schools by building the capacity of 19,275 SMDC members in 75 districts in UP
- 22 Excellence Awards given to the best performing schools in Sambalpur and Hardoi since 2014.